Placement to Permanent: Arts Management MA

9 October 2017

Arts Management

This year, an impressive 80% of the graduating cohort of MA Arts Managers secured work in the sector before completing their studies at RWCMD.

For the last three years, RWCMD Arts Managers’ progression into the industry has stood at 100% within 90 days of students leaving – and this year looks to be no different.

The 2017 cohort have found roles ranging from Marketing Officers, Events Managers to Fundraising Coordinators with employers such as Welsh National Opera, Hijinx Theatre, English National Opera and Arts Depot, to name a few.

As a result of her professional placement at Wales Millennium Centre, Arts Management student Grace Nelder landed a full-time role at WMC as Projects Assistant, working on everything from producing, to marketing, communications and engagement on the upcoming Tiger Bay the Musical.

The Arts Management MA has really helped me to get where I am now.

Obviously, the placement that I undertook here was through the course directly, but further than that, the skills that you learn on the course really set you up well to understand all aspects of an arts organisation.

The theory I learned during the MA can be applied practically to inform my practice in a professional work setting – which was essentially great and the whole reason that I chose the course!

Grace Nelder, MA Arts Management

As part of her placement, Grace blogged about the experience of working in a bustling arts organisation.