Back to RWCMD main site

Meet Kailey – Flat 9

7 March 2018

My flatmate Kailey from Texas is also studying an MA in Arts Management at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama.

It’s been great to share a flat with a student who is doing the same course as me; we walk to classes together and are able to share ideas about projects back at home. Kailey is currently on an internal placement at the College, working on updating policy documents.

Kailey has introduced all of Flat 9 to some American traditions. In November, we all celebrated Thanksgiving as Kailey explains:

“My favourite memory would be Thanksgiving, I made Thanksgiving dinner. The rest of my flat are from the UK and had never had Thanksgiving dinner so I made the whole thing…it was a really great time, so much fun, so many carbs…I’m glad I could share that with everyone here.”

We have since consumed excessive amounts of her homemade pumpkin pie.

In her vlog, Kailey tells you all about her experience here in Cardiff and shares her favourite things about studying at the College and living in Flat 9. Kailey also gives advice to other international students who are beginning their studies here.

Carys
MA Arts Management