Kate Burton to Open RWCMD’s First US Actors Showcase

21 September 2016

Acting
Musical Theatre

The Royal Welsh College’s very first US Actor’s Showcase on 26th September will be introduced by Emmy and Tony Award nominee Kate Burton, daughter of the great Welsh actor Richard Burton.

“I have been associated with the College for a long time and have been very impressed by the quality of work I have seen, so much so that I offered to introduce them to the New York entertainment community,” says Kate Burton.

cabaretkirstenmcternan-301

Adena Cahill as Sally Bowles in the College’s production of ‘Cabaret’ this June

“Our London Showcase is one of the best attended in the UK,” says RWCMD Head of Actor Training David Bond.

We hope that that we can go from strength to strength and emulate that as we put on our first ever US Showcase at the Signature Theatre in New York.”

baxter

Baster Gaston in ‘Conspiracy’ at RWCMD last year

The showcase, featuring recent American and Canadian acting and musical theatre RWCMD graduates, will be open to agents, casting directors, managers, key friends and influencers of the College.

Baxter Gaston graduated this summer along with fellow actor Betty Jane Walsh,

” The New York Showcase is the latest extension of the College’s ongoing efforts to link our training to real world opportunities. I’m really excited to be helping build new connections for the College’s global presence with my fellow actors.”

The featured photo shows Kate Burton unveiling the bust of Richard Burton at the opening of the College’s new facilities in 2011.